Friday, January 14, 2011

Gemini to Taurus



Making the rounds today is a story that says the signs of the zodiac are incorrect and there has been a shift. What? How can they do this?


Suddenly, I am no longer a Gemini, but a Taurus. No longer the twin, known to be dual-natured and flighty, complex and elusive; now I am the bull, steadfast and prudent, solid and loyal--a bovine, for heaven's sake! (Pardon me if you are also a Taurus.)


One of my coworkers read the description of a Taurus and helpfully offered, "Well, you ARE stubborn."


Harumph!


That may well be. But what about "witty and communicative?" What about "intellectual and lively?" I am those in spades! What about my "mercurial" nature? Am I suddenly "solid and stubborn," like a bull? No. I reject this new designation. And while I do not read my daily horoscope, and I believe our lives are influenced much more by attitude and application than by astrological sign, I am not going to accept this new assignation. I reject it, and that's that. I refuse to be budged. Like a...like a...bull!



Photo of Gemini rose from Edmunds' Roses.

3 comments:

  1. Well I was a Bull and now I am an Aries.This is just so mixed up. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julena, Lona and I have that in common, we were Taurus but now we are Aries. I don't know how to be an Aries, and I'm still stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. January 8th is my date of birth Julena. Used to be a Capricorn ? i am not sure. My nice used to read horoscope in the news paper and used to read mine too. i don't know what i am now. Has my attitude changed ? i don't know. All i know is, January is a pleasant month in south India. And i like my birthday falling in January.

    hope you are doing fine Julena. You must be very busy at work.

    ReplyDelete