Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Morning Glory


I found these morning glory seeds at a discount store and bought them because they were supposed to be doubles. The centers never fully developed as double on them, and they didn't get very tall, but they were beautiful. I'm showing them here today because it's muddy, gray and wet here today and I need something pretty to look at.
We have had a few days of temperatures soaring into the fifties, overcast and breezy. All the snow is gone. Water cannot go anywhere as the ground is still frozen underneath, so we have little pondlike puddles and mud. The heat wave won't last, though. There are colder temps and snow in the imminent forecast. Morning Glory photos by JulenaJo.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blue they are! Makes my yearly seedings look pale by comparison. I am photographing flowers like crazy here in PR. The red hibiscus in the rain forest are SO beautiful. 2 days left of this never never land of never any snow...then back to the deep freeze...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous bloom! That is almost unreal. Morning Glories are definitely pretty and that one there is easily the prettiest I ever saw. But I have rarely appreciated the species as a cultivated plant. They have been a literal pest in the regions I worked, lol. I guess I could change my mind for that beauty though, Julenajo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, our farmer neighbor definitely does NOT like to see me growing morning glories. I've seen wild morning glories and bindweed choking fields. Beautiful they are, but not to a farmer hoping to grow corn or beans. I think the domestic varieties don't overwinter or self-sow--at least I have never seen them do so in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew these same ones a couple of years ago and your gorgeous picture tells me I must grow them again this year! Wow...stunning display!

    ReplyDelete